Archive for category: Chiropractic
Pregnancy & Chiropractic – Webster’s Technique/in Chiropractic/by Dr. Cressey
Webster’s Technique for Pregnancy Adjustments
The International Chiropractic Pediatric Association defines Webster’s Technique as:
“The Webster technique is a specific chiropractic analysis and diversified adjustment. The goal of the adjustment is to reduce the effects of sacral subluxation/ SI joint dysfunction. In so doing neuro-biomechanical function in the pelvis is improved. “
More of their views on the technique can be found at: http://icpa4kids.com/about/webster_technique.htm
How do I go about treating and managing the care of a patient through their pregnancy?
What to do when you get in a car crash!/in Chiropractic/by Dr. Cressey
- CALL 911, CHP, or the local police to take a report.
- If you have serious injuries, bleeding, severe pain, and/or difficulty breathing, call an ambulance for transport.
- If you are able to, gather the following data:
- Date, time, how the crash happened, location (including street, cross street, freeway, lane(s) involved, witnesses, and take photos of scene from each safe angle). Read more
Dr. Kevin Cressey is now President of the California Chiropractic Association’s San Gabriel Valley District/in Chiropractic/by Dr. Cressey
FYI: Risk factors for injury in a motor vehicle crash/in Chiropractic/by Dr. Cressey
Did you know that when you are involved in a Motor Vehicle Crash (MVC), some of the risk factors for acute injury include:
- History of Neck injury
- History of whiplash
- Poor Head restraint geometry
- BMI of Head/neck
- Frontal vs. rear seating position
- Impact of vehicle of greater mass
- Rear struck occupant, when bullet vehicle has a motor that is longitudinally mounted
These are just a few of many factors to consider. Make sure to be evaluated by an professional for suspected injuries when in a MVC, don’t just take the ER or Urgent Care word that with muscle relaxers and pain killers it will go away on its own in time.
Treating chronic neck pain caused by low speed motor vehicle accidents/in Chiropractic/by Dr. Cressey
CAD trauma, known as whiplash, stands for cervical acceleration-deceleration injury and is commonly associated with neck injuries caused by motor vehicle accidents.
The Benefits of Pre-Natal Chiropractic Care/in Chiropractic/by Dr. Cressey
The Benefits of Pre-Natal Chiropractic Care
by Courtney Hong
If you’re searching for a way to promote health and wellness during your pregnancy, you’ve come to the right place! Dr. Kevin Cressey is certified by the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA) in the Webster Technique. What are some of the benefits of the Webster Technique and seeking chiropractic care during pregnancy?
Pasadena, CA 91101
Phone: (626) 792-1221